Eleven talented female cinema professionals will get an exclusive opportunity to learn, enjoy networking opportunities and receive career advice from one of an outstanding group of women executives from across the cinema landscape, each recognised for their leadership and business success.
The programme remains UNIC’s flagship initiative to help address the current gender imbalance at senior levels of the industry and works to encourage and empower female professionals in order for the industry to realise its full potential. Its 2022/23 edition welcomes the following key female leaders and rising female professionals from the cinema exhibition landscape, representing 13 countries and 22 companies:
- Claire Beswick, Founder & Director, Living Room Cinema, UK
- Yuki Fontayne, Sales Manager Benelux & Nordics, Cinionic
- Lucy Jones, Executive Director, Comscore Movies
- Jannicke Haugen, CEO, Nordisk Film Kino AS, Norway
- Suzanna Helmqvist, CMO, Svenska Bio, Sweden
- Magdalena Lewicka, Management Board Member, Finance Director, Multikino, Poland
- Maddy Probst, Managing Producer, Watershed, UK
- Eva Rekettyei, Programming Director, Cine Yelmo, Spain
- Mette Schram, CEO, Empire Bio, Denmark
- Donna Tsvetkova, SVP of Commercial and Ecommerce, Cineworld Group
- Kezia Williams, Managing Director, eOne Film, UK
- Viviane Bonga Segnou, Digital Operations Manager, The Boxoffice Company
- Gemma Deane, Group Head of HR, Vue International
- Linn Fingalsson, Associate Manager, EMEA Marketing, IMAX
- Christina Flourentzou, Regional Manager, Curzon, UK
- Gvantsa Garmelia, Marketing Director, Cavea, Georgia
- Sarah Hofmann, Development & Real Estate Manager, UCI Multiplex, Germany
- Blerina Pashollari, Cinema Manager & Digital Marketing Manager, Mastercine, Italy
- Katharina Phebey, Head of Marketing & Content/ Member of the Management Board, Kinopolis, Germany
- Mirona Radu, Film Programmer & Coordinator, Peasant Museum Cinema, Romania & Festival Director, Film O'Clock International Festival
- Michelle Stevens, Commercial Director, Powster
- Imke van Schaaijk, PR & Communication Manager, Pathé NL
Welcoming this latest edition of the programme, UNIC CEO Laura Houlgatte commented:
"Since the programme was launched in 2017, more than 100 mentors and mentees have been part of our journey. We are delighted to witness their career evolution and how previous mentees became mentors along the way. We are grateful to each and every one of them for their trust, support, enthusiasm and vision. They are the real ambassadors of the programme!
We are still on a road to encourage more diversity and inclusion in senior management roles in the industry, and are delighted to see that similar initiatives have been launched recently. Change can only happen if we all do our part. I would also like to thank IMAX and Vista Group - The Champions of the UNIC Women's Cinema Leadership Programme - for supporting our mission.
It's exciting to see our community growing year by year and we are are thrilled to welcome our new mentors and mentees. What a fantastic group of women leaders ready to learn, empower and inspire!
Huge thanks to the graduating mentors and mentees for their dedication, ambition and hard work during the past year. You did it! And to the new cohort - I wish you a very empowering journey!"